Thy word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path…Psalm 119:105
Fort McMurray Christian School is an interdenominational Christian school operating as an alternative program of the Fort McMurray Public School District. Our curriculum meets Alberta Education guidelines and our students take the same competency exams as students in Public and Separate schools. We offer classes for children from Early Childhood (ECDP) through grade nine.
We are committed to training our children in the way they should go! (Proverbs 22:6)
We are affiliated with Christian Schools International (CSI), as well as the Association of Independent Schools and Colleges in Alberta (AISCA).
- To provide students with an education based on Scripture. The Christian perspective is integrated into every aspect of study.
- To acknowledge the Lordship of Christ and to develop the students’ understanding of their own relationship to God as well as their relationship to others and Creation.
- To provide an education that allows children to reach their potential academically, spiritually, emotionally, socially and physically.
- To direct students in development of Christ-like character.
- To prepare students to be of service in the community.
There is no neutral ground in the business of educating our children. All schools are based on a particular philosophy and promote certain values.
Fort McMurray Christian School is a testimony of God’s grace in our community.
- It helps children stand in awe of God and His creation.
- It explores the effects of sin and guides students toward Godly wisdom.
- It allows them to respond in service to God and to others.
Christian Education The core of Christian education is education of the heart as well as the mind.
Parents lay the foundations of the Christian life in their home, while the Christian school expands the children’s horizons, deepens their insight, improves their abilities and guides them along the path that leads to wisdom.
Christian education is a careful training of each dimension of the child – physical, emotional, intellectual, spiritual, social, aesthetic, and moral – with unity and consistency.